Journal of University Medical and Dental College (JUMDC) strongly believes in research integrity and follows the principles of transparency and best practice in scholarly publishing as suggested by leading organizations like International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE), Council of Science Editors (CSE), Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) and Pakistan Association of Medical Editors (PAME).
- Publication Ethics & Malpractice Statement
- Conflicts of Interest
- Corrections and retractions
Redundant Publication (Salami Publication):
Fabrication and Falsification: Data fabrication means the researcher did not actually do the research work but faked the data. Data falsification means the researcher did the investigation, but then manipulated some of the data.
Authorship and Acknowledgements:
Conflict of interest:
Editors and Reviewers
- Fair play:
The editors should be fair in their ways and they must not prioritize any race, gender, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editors, members of the Editorial Boards, and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone except the authors of the paper, reviewers, potential reviewers, and the publisher, for appropriate reasons.
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted paper should not be used in the own research of the editors or the members of the Editorial Board without the written permission of the author.
Editors and reviewers should refuse to be involved with a submission when they
- Have a current or recent submission with any author.
- Have or recently had an affiliation with any author.
- Collaborate or recently collaborated with any author.
- Have a personal connection to any author.
- Have financial regard in the subject of the work.
- Rejection of the document and all other documents submitted by the author(s).
- Dismissing submission for 1–3 years.
- A prohibition from working as an editor or reviewer.
Additional sanctions may also be applied for severe ethical violations.
Corrections and retractions: